Wednesday, March 19, 2014

The things I leave behind

In preparation for leaving the US for a while, I moved out of my house and got rid of a bunch of stuff. 

Before I came to Chile, I packed two bags and left the rest in storage.

When I arrived in Santiago, I kept one bag and sent the other to Viña with our hostess, Jaimie, while Kat and I traveled.

In Puerto Natales, I left half of my one bag in storage at a hostel in order to travel lightly to Torres del Paine.

At the lodge in the park,  I left another half behind to hike up toward the glacier.

If I stay in Chile much longer, I'll be down to my phone, sunscreen, and an extra pair of underwear.

What else have I unloaded since I left? More importantly, what am I still carrying that I ought to leave behind?


No comments:

Post a Comment