Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Rookie mistake

Once or twice a week, a bunch of the girls in my school take a ballet class. The first day of that taller (workshop), I was helping a three-year-old named Agustina get changed into her adorable little ballet outfit. First came the pink tights, then the pink leotard, the ballet shoes, and the flowy little pink skirt (do you still call them tutus when there's no tuille?). We added a shirt under the leotard since the weather was a little chilly, then had to get said shirt straightened out under said leotard. There may have been a zip-up sweatshirt involved as well. When I was all finished, she grinned with the giddy pleasure of being a bailarina and bounced a little. Then she stopped bouncing, and what do you suppose was the first thing she said?

Quiero hacer pipi!

Of course you need to pee. Rookie mistake on my part. You would think that with four nieces, I would know better than to put a three-year-old in a leotard without frog-marching her to the bathroom first. You can bet I do it now!

No comments:

Post a Comment